This is the hawk that we saw
Great horned owl
Golden Eagle
Here we are looking over at the pools of fish that are getting ready to move into the bigger tanks in order to be let out into the ocean.
These are the different stages of the salmon from the egg to the smelt
Here the bigger fish are in the outside pool where they were waiting to be released. Many were going to be put into the city park for the kids fishing derby that took place 2 weekends ago.


So here are the pictures that I promised showing the field trip to the hatchery and bird sanctuary. As I mentioned we had a good time and I enjoyed the tour guide. He did a good job explaining everything. Above are two female bald eagles. The one sitting down is on her nest. She lays eggs every year and not being fertilized they don't become baby eagles but they use them for display or other purposes. All of the birds that we saw were injured in some way and would not be able to survive in the wild.
No comments:
Post a Comment