Saturday, April 25, 2009

Late but here...Our trip pictures

Here are some shots from our California trip with my family. We did do most of the pictures on the same day-- hence the same attire. I got a new hat, well we both did and I really like mine. The lines were fairly long and lots of walking but we had a good time. The weather was nice for us. We also went to Universal Studios which was totally fun and different than Disney. I of course forgot my camera that day. We actually didn't do very good taking pictures but we have some good memories. Thanks for the fun trip!











Hans and I tried to get a shot with us both in and the mouse logo but this the closest one--too bad his face is cut off.


The whole crew on the swings together. My brother is looking amused don't you think?

One of our favorite rides at the park. It was the roller coaster at CA Adventures. Fun times.

This is the candy bouquet that Yolaunda made for me with the kids' help. The Cub Scout boys all wrote a little message and they came into Relief Society our last full Sunday there and sang Nephi's Courage. It was really sweet. They were all wearing suits and looking sharp. I sure miss those kids. I have all this time now-- ok maybe it is still busy unpacking, looking for a job etc etc but no scouts. It feels weird still. We also had a going away dessert potluck thingy. It was a lot of fun and great to see people and say good bye. Thanks to all of you who came out and spent some time with us. We are grateful for all the friends we have made in Ketchikan. I brought my camera that night but do you think I remembered to take any? Of course not!

We also had another fun night with several couples. We went restaurant hopping and ordered appetizers and then dessert at the last place. We shared our orders around the table and enjoyed conversation and good company. It was a great idea and a good time was had by all. These were just some of our fun last memories in Ketchikan.

No comments:

2007 AK album

2007 AK album
Here are some of our adventures last year. CLICK on the picture to the album link to see more.

Hans' AK album

Hans' AK album
These are but a few of the many things we see up here in the wilderness. I figured since Hans already had so many I would just go ahead and use them to show some of the scenery. CLICK on the photo to see our album in progress

Amy's Birthday Fishing Trip

Amy's Birthday Fishing Trip
This is the first ling cod that I have ever caught and the first fish with my brand new pole...we put it back, it was a little guy but check out its killer teeth!

Sir Captain Hjort

Lunch creek

Lunch creek
This is a nice walk thru the forest with the rushing water and you can walk out to the beach as well

Us relaxing at home

Sneaky picture...I didn't know anyone was watching

First trip to UT to have Hans meet the fam and do reception planning

Honeymoon funnies

Honeymoon funnies
Ole'

Yeah, I know

Snorkeling trip

We didn't take many photos unfortunately but this was in Ixtapa I believe. We really had a great time! I want to go on another cruise soon.

Early Moments

Early Moments
One of many self-portraits...still one of my favorites

This kiss is for you love!

Kolee and Sequoia

Kolee and Sequoia

Oh... isn't she so little?


Last day with the kids...before we left for AK

Snowmobiling

Snowmobiling
Hans' first love... I think he kinda likes me more now

Cool tux- choosing ties for the big day

In Ballard before we left for AK

WA reception

WA reception
C'mon join the train

Ready to take on the world. We like this one because it is different and if you look closely, we have the same look. Interesting isn't it?

And they went off into the sunset...